1. Where do I start?
- A consultation with a certified detoxification specialist is the best place. If you want to take a slow approach, and you don’t have a pressing illness, start with eliminating certain foods first (meat, dairy, processed foods). However, while that is a start, detoxification, while simple in its form, is a journey. One best suited with the help from a practitioner.
2. I thought sugar was bad for you?
- There are two types of sugars, complex and simple. Fruits are comprised of simple sugars (Glucose & Fructose). These are the main fuel sources for the body. Simple sugars do not require an insulin response from the pancreas making them very easy to digest. Complex sugars need to be broken down first by the body to turn them into simple sugars, which requires an insulin response
3. How do I sustain energy on a raw food diet?
- You will get all of the energy you need eating raw foods as stated in the above answer. Glucose and Fructose are the main energy sources for our cells. Protein is not an energy source. Proteins are building materials not fuels.
4. Don’t we need protein?
- Proteins are building blocks. They are structured materials that requires the body to break them down before they can be digested. They are building blocks, not fuels. Proteins are highly mucous forming and create blockages within the lymphatic system. If building muscle is a requirement, we suggest getting protein intake from amino acids found in raw fruits and vegetables.
5. How do I build muscle if I am detoxing?
- We highly suggest to not do anything related to strenuous exercise like weightlifting when detoxing. Strenuous exercise creates acid (lactic) within the body.
6. Do I need to eat like this for the rest of my life?
- We would highly suggest continuing to eat raw even after your detox. However, what we find is once you begin to live your life at a higher frequency, energy, and intention (raw foods have very high levels of energy) you will not want to go back to low energy foods such as cooked food and dead meat.
7. What types of fruit are best for detoxing?
- Grapes, Watermelon, and Citrus
8. I am on many different pharma drugs, can I detox?
- Yes, you will want to continue to take your medication during your detoxification. However, as your body begins to detox toxins and your lymph system begins to move and filtering takes place, you will be able to titrate off of the medications as you listen to your body and get a feel for what it will be needing.
9. Why do we recommend fruit to be used in the detoxification process?
- For a couple of reasons. First, fruit is easily digested by the human being. In general, it takes 20-30 minutes to digest fruits. Second, there is no insulin response required by the pancreas to digest the fruit, thus our body can focus on cleansing rather than digesting. Third, fruit has the highest electrical energy of any food on the planet. Our cells need this energy to thrive and grow. Fourth, fruits are highly alkaline. Alkalinity helps clean the interstitial fluids between the cells.
10. What is kidney filtration?
- Kidney filtration, or lack thereof, lies at the very heart of all illnesses. The kidneys are the main eliminative organ in the body. If the kidneys are not filtering properly, then the body is getting rid of the waste produced by the trillions of cells in our body. We want to see sediment in our urine after we eliminate. If we do not see sediment, then the kidneys are not filtering. This is the most crucial point. If the kidneys are not filtering properly then we will not have detoxification.
11. How do I get my kidney’s filtering?
- This is a complex question and depends on the level of health of the individual and to what extent you are detoxing. There are several different methods. Exercise, sauna, raw foods, combination of all three.
12. How long before I start to see kidney filtration?
- It can take days, weeks, or months, begore you begin to see filtration. It is all dependent on where your health is at to start.
13. What is a healing crisis?
- A healing crisis can be many things: cold & flu like symptoms, old aches and pains from a past injury, dizziness, vomiting, dry cough, emotional distress...etc. This is the body working through and pulling toxins out from the body. It is our opinion that all "disease" is caused by what we are putting into our body, the environment in which we live, and our overall mental well being. As the body pulls toxins out of the body we begin to see things like fevers, flu's, vomiting. It's the bodies way of getting rid of those toxins.
14. Are your tinctures glycerin or alcohol based?
- They are alcohol based as alcohol is a very quick delivery system for the herbs.